fREQUENTLY ASKED questions
1) Which competitions are offered?
For a listing of all competitions offered, check out the rule book here
2) What is the theme for 2019?
Check out the mist theme at www.getmistified.com/theme/ . 2018’s theme was “The valor of Mercy”.
(2019’s theme has not been published yet.)
3) Do all submissions have to be based on the theme?
YES! Regardless of what your competition is, it must be based on the theme. That includes Science Fair, Community Service, Nasheed, Art, etc. Points are given for keeping with the theme.
4) Help! I've missed the deadline for early submission!
Don’t worry! Since MIST Seattle has just gotten started, early submission requirements have been waived only for this year. Just bring in your final product the day of MIST and you’ll be in good shape, no points lost.
5) How do I register?
mist seattle is currently offering pre-registration. There’s a button around here somewhere…
6) how much is registration?
Registration per student is $40. If dues are a problem, please reach out to us at email@example.com
7) My school does not show up when I go to register...
Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know when we add it.
8) Where do I find my school code?
The following school codes are auto generated and posted below (yes, we know they’re weird!)
9) I need help with registration and my question isn’t posted!
Reach out to us at email@example.com!
10) who is mist open to?
MIST is only open to high schoolers in the Greater Seattle Area and any 8th graders as well (we’re letting 8th graders get a sneak peak 😉)
11) I’m in 8th grade. What school do I register with?
All 8th graders can register with any high school team they choose. It does not have to be the high school they will attend, or the high school that is nearest to them, or the high school that is in the same district as their middle school. Be a part of any high school team you would like to win medals for!